Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fun on the Web June 5, 2011 All About the Bacon

Apparently there is a book written by this woman started in 2005 and continuing to this day with a book deal in there somewhere. She has links to articles and other news items like radio shows. This site goes from recipes to Bacon Politics.
http://baconunwrapped.com/

******************************************

Changing Signs ~~ Phil Tripp

A favorite beach restaurant of ours has a simple way of advertising its hours. During the day, the window panes sport large letters spelling "Open."

After hours, the "N" is moved forward to spell "Nope."

******************************************

As I Mature

I've learned that you cannot make someone love you.
All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and
give in.

I've learned that no matter how much I care,
some people are just assholes.

I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,
and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I've learned that you can keep vomiting,
long after you think you're finished.

I've learned that we are responsible for what we do,
unless we are celebrities.

I've learned that regardless of how hot and steamy a
relationship is at first, the passion fades, and there
had better be a lot of money to take its place!

I've learned that 99% of the time when something isn't
working in your house, one of your kids did it.

I've learned that the people you care most about
in life are taken from you too soon,
and all the less important ones just never go away.

******************************************

"A TSA screener in Kansas City is facing criticism for giving
a pat-down to an 8-month-old baby. You don't pat down a baby!
You stick him in a tray and run him through the X-ray machine."
-Jimmy Fallon

******************************************

Fresh from a visit to the dentist, I decided to stop at my bank. Barely able to enunciate, I told the teller, "I'm sorry about not speaking more clearly. I've had Novocaine."

"You should have used the drive-through," she said.

"Why?"

"Everyone who goes through sounds like that," she explained.

******************************************

Hope you enjoyed my fun on the web today!

If you know someone who would enjoy Fun on the Web,
please send them a link so that they can follow it.

If you would like to refer back to a link or a funny, I have
added the back issues to an archive here:
http://fun-on-the-web.blogspot.com/ 2008-2011
http://more-blues.blogspot.com/ 2005-2007
http://blues-babys-rants.blogspot.com/ 2003-2004

Thanks and have a great day!

No comments: