Friday, June 3, 2011

Fun on the Web June 3, 2011 Free Music

Free music in and around Milwaukee
http://freemusicmilwaukee.com/About.html

******************************************

Our Gen-X daughter, Cristie, made my husband a Father's Day card entitled "Things My Dad Would Never Say." Such as:

"Can you turn up that music?"

"Go ahead and take my truck. Here's 50 bucks for gas."

"I LOVE your tattoo. We should both get new ones."

"Here, you take the remote."

******************************************

As a customer service representative for a book publisher, I frequently received inquiries about the books put out by the company. I'd use my computer to search for the title, which was displayed on the screen with a list of related material for suggested reading. A customer once phoned and asked whether we published A Raisin in the Sun. When my computer concluded its search, I started to chuckle. Under "other suggested reading" was listed The Grapes of Wrath.

******************************************

A customer called our service line demanding help with her TV set, which wouldn’t come on.

"I’m sorry, but we can’t send a technician out today due to the blizzard," I told her.

Unsatisfied, she barked, "I need my TV fixed today! What else am I supposed to do while the power is out?!"

******************************************

Trying to explain to our five-year-old daughter how much computers had changed, my husband pointed to our brand-new personal computer and told her that when he was in college, a computer with the same amount of power would have been the size of a house.

Wide-eyed, our daughter asked, “How big was the mouse?”

******************************************

Hope you enjoyed my fun on the web today!

If you know someone who would enjoy Fun on the Web,
please send them a link so that they can follow it.

If you would like to refer back to a link or a funny, I have
added the back issues to an archive here:
http://fun-on-the-web.blogspot.com/ 2008-2011
http://more-blues.blogspot.com/ 2005-2007
http://blues-babys-rants.blogspot.com/ 2003-2004

Thanks and have a great day!

No comments: