Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fun on the Web June 11, 2011 Photos of the Week

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Photos of the Week
http://www.jsonline.com/multimedia/photos/62680607.html#id_51795389

Time Magazine Current and Archive Photos of the Week
http://www.time.com/time/potw/

******************************************

A man went into the pet shop, "I am playing Long John Silver
in the local amateur dramatic societies version of Treasure
Island and need a parrot to sit on my shoulder," he said.

"I don't have any parrots at the moment, but you wouldn't
want a real parrot for that. It would squawk in all the
wrong places, poop on your shoulder and generally be a
nuisance. What you need is a stuffed parrot. Just as
realistic and easily controlled."

"I'm not sure a stuffed parrot would be okay," said the
customer. "I do want this performance to be as realistic
as possible."

"I am sure a stuffed parrot would be fine," said the pet
shop owner. "I have one at home. I'll bring it in and if
you come back on Thursday you can have it."

"Sorry," said the customer, "I can't make it on Thursday.
That's the day I'm having my leg cut off."

******************************************

"Harold Camping, who predicted the end of the world, says the new date for the apocalypse is October 21. If it rains, it will be October 22." -David Letterman

******************************************

In one of my classes, they were discussing the qualifications to be president of the United States. It was pretty simple - the candidate must be a natural born citizen of at least 35 years of age. However, one girl in the class immediately started in on how unfair was the requirement to be a natural born citizen.

In short, her opinion was that this requirement prevented many capable individuals from becoming president. The class was just taking it in and letting her rant, but everyone's jaw hit the floor when she wrapped up her argument by saying, "What makes a natural born citizen any more qualified to lead this country than one born by C-section?"

******************************************

My wife-to-be and I were at the county clerk's office to get
our marriage license. After recording the vital information;
names, dates of birth, etc. the clerk handed me our license
and deadpanned, "No refunds, no exchanges, no warranties."

******************************************

Hope you enjoyed my fun on the web today!

If you know someone who would enjoy Fun on the Web,
please send them a link so that they can follow it.

If you would like to refer back to a link or a funny, I have
added the back issues to an archive here:
http://fun-on-the-web.blogspot.com/ 2008-2011
http://more-blues.blogspot.com/ 2005-2007
http://blues-babys-rants.blogspot.com/ 2003-2004

Thanks and have a great day!

No comments: