Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fun on the Web Aug 27 '08 funny

A woman I know had a dog who appeared very sick so she finally took him to the vet. The vet examined the dog turned to my lady friend and said, "I'm sorry, but your dog is dead."

Well the lady had had this dog for many, many years and just could not accept it was gone so she argued a bit with the doctor- "No, no, he's not dead, he's just gotten hard of hearing and doesn't move very fast anymore, that's why you didn't get any response!"

Well, the vet looked at her sadly for a minute, and then said, " Well, there is one thing I can do that will prove once and for all if your dog is dead or not."

Reaching behind him, he pulled a cat out of a crate and waved back and forth in front of the dog's nose. Nothing. He peeled back one of the dog's eyelids and waved the cat back and forth for the dog to see. Nothing.

Finally, he held the cat by one of the dog's ears, pinched the cat and made it yowl- right in the dog's ear. Nothing. The vet put the cat back in the crate, turned to the lady and said, "I'm sorry, there is nothing I can do, the dog is dead. Please see my secretary on the way out."

The poor lady finally had to accept the inevitable and sadly shuffled out to the secretary's desk. The secretary said, I'm sorry about your dog. That will be $250."

That was enough to shock the poor lady out of her grief and she exclaimed, "$250! Whatever for?"

"Well", said the secretary, "It's $50 for the doctor's visit, and $200 for the cat scan."

No comments: