Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Fun on the Web Dec 1 '10 Answers

Clear answers for common questions
http://www.wisegeek.com/

*******************************************************

Although I had arrived 20 minutes early for my one o'clock
doctor's appointment, I watched patient after patient dis-
appear into the various rooms. Now, I know things happen,
and that more serious issues are typically dealt with first,
so I was able to accept that those coming in after me were
seen first, But when I was still sitting in the waiting room
1 1/2 hours later, I'd had enough and had become pretty
irate.

Fortunately, as I got up and went to the receptionist, I
calmed down enough to handle it without anger.

Instead I calmly said, "I know my son's appointment was for
one o'clock. Can you tell me if that was a.m. or p.m.?"

No comments: