Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fun on the Web April 27 '10 Eating Healthy

I have been trying to eat more healthy foods and rely on less meat in my diet. To that end I have been exploring more oriental style cooking lately but now I realize I have missed other cuisine that will take me away from standard American meat and potatoes.

Mexican food at home does not have to be just Taco Night or Nachos. I'm actually trying to do Tamales right now but that is a post for another time. I found a big store that caters to ethnic food so now I can get fresher tortillas and tostadas that come in a huge bag. Often they are topped with just about anything found in the produce drawer plus some salsa for a satisfying snack, lunch or dinner. If there is leftover meat a little can go a long way.

Mediterranean and Italian Cuisine do lean heavy on pasta. If you make it full of vegetables and a little more sauce than pasta and/or use other than white flour pasta it still can trend more to the healthy side than white spaghetti with marinara.

This week my cooking blog is exploring food from other lands to highlight some of these dishes. http://bluesbabys-rants.blogspot.com/

No comments: