Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fun on the Web Sept 14, 2010 Mark Twain Quotes

The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause.

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.

I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.

Honesty is the best policy - when there is money in it.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before. An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.

All by Mark Twain

No comments: