Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fun on the Web July 7, 2010 Tenutas Deli

I have probably mentioned the lack of Deli here in town. Here is an old fashioned Italian Deli and Grocery Store complete with wines, exotic beers, spices, breads, and a huge square deli case in the middle of the store offering prepared goodies, cheeses, meats, and bakery. The smell of spices intermingles with the popcorn they make throughout the day. A small bag is just a quarter!

There is an Outdoor cafe with Usingers brats, Italian sausages, ice cold soda including Point (which is a brewery in Stevens Point that makes a premium soda.) This used to be a regular stop for us whenever Sheila ran out of Parmigiano-Reggiano. Although the prices are reasonable I would always come home with so many goodies that I would spend a pile of money. Then I would eat more Italian foods for a few weeks since I would incorporate the ingredients into my menus.

This time I got some good cheese, spices, and 2 kinds of Greek olives plus a Muffolatta sandwich. We ate the popcorn and cannolis in the car before we even got out of the parking lot. Yum!
http://www.tenutasdeli.com/tek9.asp

No comments: